Saturday, May 25, 2013

My Quiet Place


Quiet Place....This is the place I go when I'm undone, when I need to restore. God gives me peace, He helps me to recalibrate. God's kingdom is counter intuitive. I was brought up to try harder, push through and do more.  This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: “In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength...Isaiah 30:15  When every fiber of my being is in an uproar God tells me to be still. The world says do. God says trust. When I discover I've wandered far from God, his word tells me to draw close to Him and He will draw close to me. Whoever seeks Him will find him. I run to my Lord for solitude. Shutting out the world I spend time with my Savior. I pray, I read His word, I sit quietly while he restores my soul. Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment